So it’s definitely cold outside. February in Illinois tends to get that way. Guess what I do when the temperature dips below freezing. (And, BTW, it’s definitely more than just one.)
- Complain bitterly as I push the thermostat into the 80s.
- Plan a vacation to anyplace with a sundrenched beach.Here’s one from my December trip to Maui. Isn’t it beautiful?
- Force my cat to sleep on my lap.
- Take pictures of the weather and tweet about it.
- Explore hot drinks, including hot toddies, hot chocolate, and hot tea. (Hot coffee goes without saying. It’s the only way I open my eyes in the morning.)
- Snowball fight!
- Barely notice. I’m a writer. I sit inside and write. Who cares what’s happening outside?
- Scream as my cat burrows her cold, wet nose beneath my clothes to press it against my belly.
- Have fun with weird thermal leggings.
Answer: 4, 5, 8 and 9
- I do complain bitterly, but my husband would cut off my hands if I messed with the thermostat.
- I dream about vacations, but planning is not my forte.
- Nobody forces my cat to do anything. I have the scratch scars to prove it. That picture was just lucky. And BTW, I really, really had to go pee. But she wanted to sleep, so I stayed put. (The things I do for my cat!)
- I do tweet about the weather, but mostly about my cat being annoyed at the weather. Follow me on twitter @JadeLeeAuthor
- Yum! I’ve discovered certain specialty teas. Quite delightful.
- No snowball fights. That’s too much work. Though I will watch and give commentary as the neighbor’s kids have at it.
- I notice the weather all the time. My writing chair is right next to the window so I can stare out and pretend I’m thinking when I’m really just watching the geese crap on my back lawn.
- My cat loves pressing her cold nose against any skin. And she knows how to burrow beneath tee shirts and sweats.
- I do love my thermal leggings! See! Here’s a picture!