So why am I going NUTS today?
- It’s Monday. Of course I’m nuts.
- I always read reviews on Monday. Duh. Of course I’m insane.
- Today is my last day at this age. Tomorrow I age another year. EEK!
- Tomorrow is Release Day for 50 Ways to Ruin a Rake
Answer: 4 And yes, Monday is a nuts days, but it’s a eyes-glued-shut kind of day as I mainline coffee and try to orient to the week. (Doesn’t work since I switched to de-caf). I try to avoid reading reviews in general, and I wouldn’t start the week off on that note. OMG, what if someone didn’t like my book? Ack! Tomorrow is indeed my birthday and I’m not going to tell you how old I am. It’s too depressing. So the big deal? Tomorrow is release day for the funniest book I’ve ever written.
Why is 50 Ways to Ruin a Rake the funniest thing I’ve ever written?
- There’s an escaped turkey in the book.
- The turkey fights in a duel. Or a melee depending on if you count the turkey as a combatant. Which you should.
- Everyone in the book has a plan. EVERYONE. And their plans go horribly awry.
- Because I was focused on joy when I wrote the book. Yup. That’s been my new mantra. Joy, joy, joy. And it’s translating into my book.
Answer: ALL OF THE ABOVE! Yup, there is indeed an escaped turkey who gets in the middle of a duel/melee, but that’s just a small piece of the book. In truth, the main thing is that the whole romp is about people with PLANS. And those plans just don’t work out how they expect. At all. And yes, this is the year of JOY for me. Everything is about being soul-deep happy. It’s not all perfect, but it’s working for me. And this book is one of the results.
So what are you waiting for? Get a copy today!