A USA Today Bestseller, JADE LEE has been scripting love stories since she first picked up a set of paper dolls. Ball gowns and rakish lords caught her attention early (thank you Georgette Heyer), and her fascination with the Regency began. And as a Taurus, she lives to pit a headstrong woman against a tortured hero just to watch them butt heads on the way to true love. Flesh wounds are rare, but the healing and laughter are real.
Now an author of more than 30 romance novels, she finally gets to set these couples in the best girl-heaven of all: a Bridal Salon! This way she gets to live out all her wedding fantasies, one by one. (Let’s be honest, what girl has only one idea for her dream wedding?) For more on the Bridal Favors series, visit Jade on the web at www.jadeleeauthor.com, http://www.facebook.com/JadeLeeBooks, http://twitter.com/JadeLeeAuthor
And don’t forget Jade’s other name, KATHY LYONS. That’s Jade’s lighter, contemporary side. She writes for Harlequin Blaze merging hawt sex and funny relationships into really great reads. Visit her on the web at www.kathylyons.com.
Fun Facts About Jade Lee
According to family legend:
- One of Jade’s ancestors signed the document that leased Hong Kong to the British for 99 years.
- Jade’s great grandmother had bound feet–barely over 3 inches long. When running to an air raid shelter from bombs in WWII, her grandsons had to carry her–one on each side–while her feet still ran in the air.
- One of Jade’s ancestors governed a province in China that was troubled by bandits. When he finally caught the evildoers, he cut out the leader’s heart and ate it raw to intimidate the others. It worked!
- One of Jade’s ancestors put two carved stone dragons on trial for destroying crops and damaging property. According to the trial, these two dragons left a temple wall to play in the river thereby causing flooding and crop damage. They were found guilty and sentenced to remain on the stone pillars for eternity. To large iron spikes were then pounded into the center of each dragon. And the flooding stopped!
- One of Jade’s ancestors hid for a week under a bed when bandits took over his home. The boy was eight years old and the only survivor of his village. After the bandits moved on, he left his home and walked to the Christian mission in the next county.
- One of Jade’s ancestors was the first female dentist in Indiana. In her spare time, she caught and canned sparrows. She would tie corn kernels to a piece of string and dangle them from a tree. When the birds ate the corn, they would be caught on the string. She would then take them, can them, and then give them to her relatives as Christmas presents.
- Jade’s father is the foremost authority in the world on the evolution of camel crickets.
- Jade was a pro racquetball player for 3 weeks. Then her knees blew out and ended her career. But she still plays!
- USA TODAY BESTSELLER – #128, March 5, 2006 Seduced by Crimson
- 2 BOOKLIST reviews
- “Lee's deft eroticism hasn't lost any of its power. With her latest variant on the Tigress practice, Lee's star continues to burn bright.” (Nina Davis on Burning Tigress)
- “If Lee’s skills continue to grow at this rate, it will be she who becomes an Immortal.” (Nina Davis on Desperate Tigress – STARRED review)
- 3 PRISMS
- Best Erotic 2006 White Tigress
- Best of the Best 1999 Oracle (by Katherine Greyle)
- Best Futuristic 1999 Oracle (by Katherine Greyle)
- 2 RITA FINALIST
- 2008 Best Historical for Tempted Tigress
- 1999 Best First Book Oracle (By Katherine Greyle)
- 2 HOLT MEDALLIONS 1999 Best Futuristic and Best First Book Oracle (by Katherine Greyle)
- 1 Romantic Times BOOKclub Reviewer’s Choice WINNER
- Tempted Tigress 2008 Best Historical KISS
- 2 Romantic Times BOOKclub Reviewer’s Choice Nominee
- Desperate Tigress 2003 Best Sensual Historical
- White Tigress 2003 Best Historical
- 2 Romantic Times BOOKclub TOP PICK
- Seduced by Crimson
- Desperate Tigress
- 3 Romantic Times BOOKclub KISS awards
- Desperate Tigress
- No Place for a Lady (Greyle)
- Major Wycliff’s Campaign (Greyle)
- PEARL 2005 Best Erotic Romance finalist
- PASSIONATE PLUME 2006 Historical #2, Hungry Tigress
- Honorable Mention '99 Best in the West for Unbridled
- Winner '98 Worldfest Flagstaff for Isn't It Romantic?
- 1998 — Semifinalist in Chesterfield Writer's Film Project
- 1998 — Quarterfinalist Fade In: Magazine screenplay contest with Oracle
- Winner '98 Houston Worldfest for A Lady Does Not… (dramatic adaptation)
- Winner '97 Houston Worldfest for Oracle screenplay. (SF/F)
- 1987 — MPW in screenwriting, University of Southern California
- 1984 — AB Cum Laude in English, University of Michigan
- Romance Writers of America
- Novelist, Inc.
Hosted & MaintainedKatherine Grill
Web Design by Nils T. Devine