What a great event! I go every year, but somehow she manages to get better and better each time. So last year, I swore I’d make my table prettier than last time. Guess what I added?
- Tissue paper. Lots and lots of tissue paper.
- Who cares if it’s artistic? Gold nuggets are always stylish.
- I buried my table in books.
- Plush grizzly bears. Who doesn’t like to eat with a snuggly bear looking you in the eye?
Answer: 3 and 4 – No tissue paper because whenever I use it, it just looks like a wad of paper. According to my friend and colleague Damon Suede, I failed to get the gay-man design gene. I have to agree. And as much as I’d like to bury my readers in gold, I can’t afford that. So they had to be happy with grizzly bears and books. Oh, and I added a little bit of candy to the table. Here are some pictures. I’m with a great cohort of fellow writers!
Sunday’s breakfast was a ton of fun. I learned things like…
- Bears have detached and prehensile lips.
- Jade is part of the zombie apocalypse team. Or she’s a zombie. It’s hard to tell which.
- Everyone liked my pretty yellow dress!
- Running out of breakfast pastries is a good thing because then the hotel gives you cupcakes!
Answer: All of the above! Yup, turns out bears do have very mobile lips. Here’s a picture of all of us working our prehensile lips. I am indeed part of the zombie apocalypse. Here’s my new mug thanks to Zombie Joe. Everyone loved the yellow dress seen in the pictures above. Thank you to my stylish children who dressed me. And we did indeed get cupcakes when the pastries ran out! A win all around!